Visitors to the Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum will experience an immersive trip back into the heyday era of steam locomotives and travel. Highlights of your guided tour are: an 18-stall, accurately reconstructed brick roundhouse surrounding a 115-foot turntable, the largest private collection of steam locomotives in the world, and a fully functioning, working back shop where skilled Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum staff actively continue to restore and repair steam locomotives. Additionally, visitors will discover the tools used to keep locomotives on the rails, the bells, whistles and lights that made these engines unique, and much more.
Public tours will be offered Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays (May thru October) at 10:00 am, 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm and tickets should be purchased in advance via the link below.
Due to our Steam to Victory Event on July 5 & 6 (Rain date July 12 & 13) Roundhouse Tours are not available those dates.
Additional Roundhouse Tour Information:
- 1 – 1.5 hour guided walking tour of the Roundhouse and Shop Area that is approximately 1/3 mile in length.
- Due to the nature of the site, visitors are restricted to the guided tour itself.
- Each tour group has a maximum of 30 visitors with one tour guide and an assistant.
- 20 reserve tickets are sold online, remaining tickets may be purchased at the door if available.
- We are not currently offering train rides or excursions.
- We recommend the wearing of comfortable, closed toe, footwear.
- Limited strollers and wheelchairs are available.
- Roundhouse & Depot Hours are 9:30 am – 4:00 pm on tour days.
- Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum Visitor Terms
- Due to our Steam to Victory Event on July 5 & 6 (Rain date July 12 & 13) Roundhouse Tours are not available those dates.
Ticket pricing: Adults $20, Seniors & Veterans $17, Youth $12, Under 3 & Active Duty Military (w/ ID) FREE
Group tours of 20 or more may be arranged by contacting the Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum offices directly.