COVID-19 Update from the Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum
May 28, 2020
The Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum is waiting for guidelines from the State of Ohio on what will be required of us to open to the public for our 2020 tour season. We want all of our stakeholders and potential visitors to know that the Museum will do everything it can to meet, and even exceed, these guidelines to insure that our staff, volunteers and visitors are as safe as we can possibly make them.
We are currently putting in place many of the safety and cleanliness requirements that we fully expect will be required of us to reopen. While your visit to the Roundhouse this summer may be different than it has been in the past, we fully expect that you will be able to fully enjoy your experience with us. Some of the potential changes may include
- All tickets for all tour timeslots must be purchased in advance. No walk-ins will be permitted.
- Tour size will be strictly limited to numbers determined by the State of Ohio.
- Visitors should wait in their vehicles or the parking lot until 10 minutes before tour time.
- Visitors and staff must adhere to social distancing requirements as determined by the State of Ohio.
- Museum staff will wear masks at all times when interacting with visitors; Visitors are encouraged to wear face coverings.
- Public areas (gift shop, restrooms, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times a day; a deep clean is performed once a week by an outside, professional cleaning service.
- After the tour visitors should not reenter the Depot building unless there is a need to use the restroom facilities and that should be done one at a time.
The State of Ohio may require additional actions, but the above represent what we anticipate our 2020 visitors should expect. Once the State of Ohio releases its guidelines for museum reopening, we will notify all of our stakeholders and potential visitors via our email list, website, social media and press.
As always, thank you for your interest and support and we look forward to seeing many of you this summer.
Noel B. Poirier, Executive Director
Age of Steam Roundhouse Museum